What can employer ask me about when they run my cori?

Framingham, MA |

I was arrested this year but am currently fighting this. My trial is in December. Arrested first time ever - failure to use care in stopping and oui. I work in a private school. My employer is running the cori check this month. Can they ask me about my misdemeanor even though the case is still open? Can they use this against me and fire me?

1. I will assume you are working for the private school and not in the interview stage. If you sign a form stating your employer can run your CORI they will. The CORI will show an open OUI case. Your employer may or may not know how to read the CORI. But if they ask you about it be honest that the case goes to trial in December and give as little information as you can. If you are an employee at will they can fire you over this. If you are in a union check with your union rep.

NOTE: The information contained in this message is intended only for the use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.