What can employer ask me about when they run my cori?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Framingham, MA

I was arrested this year but am currently fighting this. My trial is in December. Arrested first time ever - failure to use care in stopping and oui. I work in a private school. My employer is running the cori check this month. Can they ask me about my misdemeanor even though the case is still open? Can they use this against me and fire me?

1. James P. Hentz

Answered . I will assume you are working for the private school and not in the interview stage. If you sign a form stating your employer can run your CORI they will. The CORI will show an open OUI case. Your employer may or may not know how to read the CORI. But if they ask you about it be honest that the case goes to trial in December and give as little information as you can. If you are an employee at will they can fire you over this. If you are in a union check with your union rep.