What can cause the statute of limitations to reset on a credit card debt in the State of California?

San Francisco, CA |

What can cause the statute of limitations to reset on a credit card debt in the State of California? Can a Pay For Delete letter reset the statute? The letter does state that the debt is not mine but that I'm offering to pay the balance in order to have the debt removed from my credit report.

Agreements to pay the debt or actual payments will restart the statute of limitations. If debt is not yours why is it on your credit file? You can ask credit reporting agency to remove it.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt