What can cause an inmate to be questioned about a letter I sent?

Asked about 1 year ago - Abilene, TX

I'm unsure what to or not to put in letters. I wrote a letter that was vague because I knew this person would know what I was talking about. It wasn't anything bad. It was detailed except for the main component that I was talking about in the letter. I was discussing a kitchen container that this person and I would get into and that this person took ten of the items out of the container and I got upset about it but I didn't say what was in the container because I didn't want anyone to know. Is that grounds to be asked questions?

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

1

Answered . So long as it is not in regard to a case for which the inmate has an attorney, law enforcement needs no reason whatsoever to ask the inmate about anything at all.

2. Michael J. Crawford

Pro

Answered . No, it shouldn't cause any problems. The information is not about a jail break, etc so the prison officials shouldn't be excited. Also, the jail shouldn't be able to use information in letters through US mail without proper authority from the court on an individual basis.

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship. You should hire an attorney for legal representation.