Skip to main content

What can be done with a person that has violated probation in TX?

Dallas, TX |

On probation for 2 felonies in 2 different counties. The offenses were consolidated into 5 years. DUI with minor and abandon child endangerment,deadly conduct.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I will do my best to answer your question but I am sort of unclear exactly what you seek. If a person violates probation, whether in one or two counties, the judge in each county has the right to make a decision what happens on the case in their county without regard to the other case (even if they are running concurrently - at the same time.) They can continue the probation(s), revoke the probations and assess prison time, continue the probation but give quote jail therapy (meaning put the person in jail a while to get his/her attention), send them to prison and quote shock them out (put them in prison for a time period to show them what is going to happen if they continue to violate), assess additional fine, assess additional community service, put in a treatment program, do nothing, etc. There are many things that can be done.

    If one has violated probation on cases that are in 2 counties, I would hire one lawyer to handle both matters so that the outcome in county 1 can be an outcome more likely to work with the outcome in the other county.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics