What can be done with a parking lot accident?

My car was parked at the local mall. Me and my daughter come out to a note on my windshield from a person who saw a truck hit my car and drive off. They left his tag number, the make, model and color of his truck. Called mall police and they wrote a report, ran the tag, and gave me the persons information. I went to the address provided, gave copy of report to the persons wife and she gave the info to her husband. The husband phoned. Asked my name. And denied he was ever there but indeed admitted it was his truck but denied being at the mall. But if someone saw it, wrote the tag number and described his vehicle, what can be done to get my car fixed?

Tupelo, MS -

Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

If you are lucky, the person who left the note also gave you their name and contact info. If yes, then you have a witness should you decide to go to small claims court (assuming the damages are within the monetary limit of your economic loss). If you have comprehensive coverage under your own policy, you can also choose to have your company pay for the repairs and they will then go over after the man, without you having to worry about success or failure in suing him.

Michael Shemtoub

Michael Shemtoub

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

You need to contact a local attorney for representation.

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Seattle, WA

Contact your insurance carrier. It would likely be best to have your insurance company handle your repairs and then they would go after the at fault party. Of course, you would likely have a deductable.

Scott Douglas Camassar

Scott Douglas Camassar

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - North Stonington, CT

Report this to your insurer. Follow the suggestions of these lawyers. Good luck

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Report it to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com