What can be done if you have been beaten while in jail?

Asked over 4 years ago - Orlando, FL

Someone was beaten by some guys in jail. He is hurt, what recourse does he have?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David H. Burns


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If he was assaulted without provocation, he can sue the individuals who beat him. If the jail was somehow negligent in allowing the assault to occur, he may have a claim against the Sheriff or other entity responsible for security at the jail. These are tough cases and he would need to consult a lawyer specializing in that type of case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,254 answers this week

2,805 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary