What can be done and who can help?

Asked over 1 year ago - Belton, TX

I served double the sentence of my charge and then about a week later after I was released, I received a call stating that I was now on a 2 year probation and have to pay fines for the time I already served. I got out of jail in complete chaos and behind in bills and do not have money. My friends and family paid all they could pay for the last 6 months and now No one is able to assist any further. Courts have threatened to throw me in prison for 2 yrs and trump charges on me if I do not pay. Was told could receive revocation probation, violation probation, and the initial charge trumped for being poor. I ALREADY served over TRIPLE the time for my sentence.

1. Bobby Dale Barina

Pro

3

Answered . There is not sufficient information here to provide an answer to you.

You should take the information you have to a local attorney to request an opinion as to your next step.

2. James Joseph Bagley

3

Answered . Try to get a public defender or a court-appointed defense attorney. If you have already been through a tough time without counsel you won't want to repeat it.