What can be done and who can help?

Belton, TX |

I served double the sentence of my charge and then about a week later after I was released, I received a call stating that I was now on a 2 year probation and have to pay fines for the time I already served. I got out of jail in complete chaos and behind in bills and do not have money. My friends and family paid all they could pay for the last 6 months and now No one is able to assist any further. Courts have threatened to throw me in prison for 2 yrs and trump charges on me if I do not pay. Was told could receive revocation probation, violation probation, and the initial charge trumped for being poor. I ALREADY served over TRIPLE the time for my sentence.

Try to get a public defender or a court-appointed defense attorney. If you have already been through a tough time without counsel you won't want to repeat it.

Avvo answers are not substitutes for the educated opinion of a lawyer who knows the facts of your particular case and should not be relied upon as such. My answer to you did not create an attorney-client relationship. James J Bagley Whaley, Bowie and Bagley LLC Providence, RI 401 454 7700 jbagley@wbblegal.com

There is not sufficient information here to provide an answer to you.

You should take the information you have to a local attorney to request an opinion as to your next step.

Bobby Barina's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Barina offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call his office at 254-699-3755 to make an appointment or visit his website at www.bobbybarina.com for more information about his services.