What can be done about my friend that was raped 3 years ago but told no one until now?

Asked 11 months ago - Sebastian, FL

this happened in florida 3 years ago, my friend was 13 when she was raped, she is now 16, and she never told anyone except me and one other friend until now

1. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

3

Answered . It was a horrific crime then and it remains so today. While there may be proof problems there are definitely not any statute of limitations problems.

Your friend should tell her parents and then go with them to the police station. One thing that you can count on is that the cops will treat her gingerly and will call in professionals who are trained in assisting sexual battery victims to recount their tragedies with minimal further consequence.

The only caution flag that I waive is to be sure that the allegations are fact and not fiction, because once gravity takes that snowball down the mountain there is no stopping it.

2. Majid Vasigh

Pro

2

Answered . She needs to report it immediately. No statute of limitations issue.

3. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . National Sexual Assault Hotline - 1.800.656.HOPE or diall 911.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.
  4. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . Go to the police, let them do their work. And/Or contact a lawyer about a civil suit.