What can be done about collection agencies harassing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Elkhart, IN

I am receiving a minimum of three calls a day from T-mobile's collection agency. They are trying to charge me a disconnect fee for stopping service 7 days before the end of the contract. They were unable to provide service in the area I was in. It wasn't because I moved, the service just all of the sudden quit working one day. I have e-mails and wrote operator numbers and dates each time I talked to them while trying to figure out how to fix the problem. It was because their tower just quit working. I was with out a phone for over two weeks when I decided to switch my number to another carrier.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Brent Steven Snyder


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . If it is a third party collection agency you can put it writing that you do not want to be contact other than in writing pursuant to the FDCPA. You may have some state laws as well so you might want to talk with a consumer rights attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,061 answers this week

2,802 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,061 answers this week

2,802 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary