What can "I" do?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

In order to defend and protect my approval by USCIS for O-1 when the embassy is trying to revoke it by sending thier recommendation, what must I as an applicant prepare to do? I know that the lawyer will be dealing with but as an artist would I need more credits, more contracts with agents, recommendations?? What proof exactly do I need more?

The answer depends upon the basis for the revocation of the visa. You and/or your attorney will receive a Notice of Intent to Revoke setting forth the reasons USCIS is seeking to revoke the approved petition. You will be given an opportunity to challenge the findings and submitted additional evidence. In the interim, you should stay in contact with your attorney. You should also discuss the matter in more detail with your attorney as be/she is in the best position to assess the potential problems. If you want a second opinion, then you will need to schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney and provide them with all the facts and copies of documents submitted.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654,, The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

Talk to your attorney. We can't answer your question without seeing the letter ... and the petition.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

THe answer depends on the facts and reasons for attempt to revoke you failed to provide

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Recommended articles about Immigration