What California law can I cite on small claim filing for custom furniture not made to specifications?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodland Hills, CA

I ordered custom furniture from an upholsterer who did not make my furniture according to my specifications. He is refusing to give me a refund or to repair my furniture. He has a no refund policy and is relying on that. I am preparing a small claims filing and want to know if there is any specific law I can cite on my form that represents my situation.

I thought my case was covered by Civil Code Section 1723; however, a contract attorney posted that he thought my contract was a service contract as opposed to a sale of goods contract. Is there a cite for a service contract? Should I just say he breached our agreement by not making my furniture according to my specifications?

I can request morning or afternoon or a certain day of week. What do you recommend?

1. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . You would just argue that he breached your agreement by not making the furniture to specifications. You don't need to cite any specific code section.

2. Kamala Maddipoti

Answered . You have to show that there is a breach of contract and there is no fault of yours. Make sure you take enough proofs.