What Benefits are available for disabled?

Richmond, VA |

I am a disabled person under age of 31 and a permanent resident . I am seeking benefits since I don't have any income . I wasn't working before I became disabled either because of an illness that led to the disability . Can I get SSI and SNAP ? what are the other benefit options ?

Based on the facts you presented, it sounds like you may well be entitled to benefits. I would contact your local social services offices to set up an appointment and/or obtain a handbook on what state and federal aid may be available to you, then proceed to apply accordingly. Good luck!

William Kevin Hodges

William Kevin Hodges

I agree with my colleague and I suggest having a consultation with an attorney that is either certified as a Social Security specialist or handles a lot of SS cases. Consultations and

William Kevin Hodges

William Kevin Hodges

representations are free.

Since you are an alien, you will have to meet one of the alien exceptions to qualify for SSI (which is welfare disability). If you have paid into the Social Security system and have sufficient quarters then you can apply for Social Security benefits based on those earnings. Contact your local Social Security and file for both Social Security and SSI.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. I practice Virginia Workers compensation law and Social Security Disability law.

Social security topics

Recommended articles about Social security