What attorney is needed for car accident?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodbridge, VA

My boyfriend got into a car accident the day I added him to my insurance policy but it didn't take effect till a day after so technically he wasn't insured. The accident resulted in 4 car with 3 people injured including him with head injury. Witnesses states it wasn't his fault cause a truck jumped into his lane and tried to cut him off and he moved to another lane to avoid the truck but the truck cut him off again and my bf switched to another lane again and lost control of his car causing 4 car collision with injury to 2 other people. The truck driver took off because he wasn't hit even though he caused the accident. In the state of VA I believe if a car does not come in contact with you and you hit someone else you are liable. What should my bf do? call attorney, which kind?

1. Sean Michael Patrick

9

Answered . You need a personal injury attorney. If your boyfriend was driving and was at fault, you can try to turn it over to insurance. If he was not at fault, you can generally pursue a claim regardless of insurance status -- lack of insurance generally just limits the types and amount of damage you can recover. Best of luck.

2. Christopher S Ison

9

Answered . Your boyfriend should consult with a personal injury attorney. Generally, personal injury attorneys offer free consultations.

Attorney's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Cassandra Ann Rodriguez

Pro

8

Answered . Was your b f cited for the accifent? If he was he may need a criminal defense atty as well.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

7

Answered . Have him contact a personal injury lawyer ASAP. Best of luck.

5. Haig B Kazandjian

Pro

6

Answered . Definitely get an attorney involved. The type of lawyer you need is a personal injury lawyer. Best of luck to you, and a speedy recovery to your boyfriend.

Pro

6

Answered . Retain a local "personal injury lawyer".

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  7. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

4

Answered . First insurance should still cover the accident since he was driving with your permission. Submit it to your carrier and ask that they appoint a defense. Your boyfriend might need a personal injury attorney, and if the carrier does not provide coverage, you will need an insurance attorney.

8. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

4

Answered . Your boyfriend would most likely need to consult with a locally experienced personal injury to review his case and advocate on his behalf.