What attorney can answer these questions

Asked 4 months ago - San Antonio, TX

have two residences (one is a rental apt, the other is a home), both in the same school district but different school boundries. Because of family issues at home and many other issues I stay at both places as done my son. My wife and daughter stay exclusively at the home. Our living arrangments is very fluid for many reasons including the running of a large company, separation, drive times, etc. The issue is that it appears the school district is investigating wheather my son is eligible to attend the school in the boundry of the apartment. In the last year they have questioned our guard at the home residence gate, and have sat outside our home on at least two occations. In addition, an ivestigator told me he had been going by the apt and had talked to my neighbors. I need to know once and for all what the rules are for this unigue situation. The school district cannot give specific instructions and I am feeling like I am being stalked. Thank you

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Donald G. Henslee


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Texas schools take residency issues very seriously because of state funding issues. There are civil and even potential criminal penalties for violating these laws. Contact an education attorney using the Find a Lawyer link on this page. Do not try to handle this one yourself, San Antonio. Get a lawyer to step in and get this straight now, while you are still in control.

  2. Golnar Sargeant

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Use the "find a lawyer" tool on AVVO to consult an education law attorney. The attorney can deal with the school/district and explain your living arrangements. Have the attorney handle the communications.

    We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,066 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,066 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering