What are the total fees for filing for a green card in EB2? Do I need an immigration attorney?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bentonville, AR

I need to file for an Employment Based Second Preference EB-2 green card. What are the fees in total for filing for an EB2 greencard?

Do I need an immigration attorney here in Arkansas to help me file for the EB2?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . Yes, an immigration attorney can help you file for the EB-2 and will be able to calculate all the costs.

The fees for filing for an EB-2 green card vary among attorneys. Generally the amount for filing for an employment based green card is between $5,000 and $10,000.

2. Debbi Lee Klopman

3

Answered . Hi ...this is a very open ended question and I don't believe you will get an answer to it on this forum.

You must contact an immigration attorney who routinely handles these green card filing cases. There are three parts to an Eb2 case.

The first, a labor certification, must be paid for in its entirety by your petitioning employer. It will include 5 recruitment sources which in themselves can run into thousands of dollars. The second step is to petition through the Immigration Services to show that you have the minimum requirements for the position as stated in the labor certification and that your employer has the ability to pay the wage as stated in the labor certification.

The third step is to file for your employment authorization document and your "green card." Good luck!

3. Kristina A. Gasson

Answered . Agree with my colleagues. You should consult with an immigration attorney for a consultation before proceeding. It is a very expensive and lengthy process and it can get more expensive and lengthy if you make a mistake.