What are the stipulations for revoking a defendants bail? Is catching a new case one? And or just not showing up to court?? Who

Montgomery, PA |

Revokes bails Da? Judge? And or bail bonds? ?

Bail is revoked by a judge usually on a request from either an assistant district attorney of from the county's bail agency or pretrial services. Both examples are almost certainly going to lead to at least a modification (increase) in bail. I'd love to hear some elaboration on the comment the questioner posted concerning what appears to be a direct communication from the DA threatening revocation of bail unless a guilty plea was tendered. Are you unrepresented? If so, you need counsel immediately. If you can't afford privately retained representation, apply with the Public Defender.

A new arrest or not appearing in court could cause your bail to be revoked.

So, mr. Robert c. Keller what will then happen? The da wants me to plead guilty or my bail will be revoked

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Retain an attorney to review this matter before doing anything further.

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Ok thank you

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

If accurate, a prosecutor encouraging a defendant to plead guilty in lieu of revoking bail strikes me a highly inappropriate.

Either situation can cause bail to be revoked. It is the DA that would request or file a motion to revoke bail. It is ultimately up to the Judge and they have a lot of discretion.

Michael l. Doyle
(215) 900-5565