What are the steps to take /laws for legal emancipation in Oregon?

Asked 6 months ago - Eugene, OR

I'd like more detail and information from someone on emancipation and what steps need to be taken to do it. Not sure if that really makes sense but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to say.

1. Christopher Palmer

Pro

1

Answered . Please see the document attached. It is provided by Lane County. It should get you started. If not, you may want to schedule an appointment with the attorney.

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

Answered . I do not know all the details required, but I know that you must prove to the court that you have been self-supporting for a number of months. Also, you need to be at least 16 years of age. If so, you should meet privately with an attorney who handles emancipation. Good luck, Diane