What are the steps to getting a protective order in Texas and is it best to hire a lawyer to help me with the process?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

I have been receiving threatening phone calls, texts, stalking, and vandalizing my home for the last month. I have saved all documentation, messages, and taken pictures of the vandalism.

1. Larry Dean Bloomquist

Pro

4

1

Answered . Your first step is to call the police. You need to be persistent talk to a detective as soon as your case is assigned one. If you had a dating relationship and there was family violence you can go to the District Attorney’s Office or the County Attorney’s office in your county and they can file a protective order on your behalf. If there was no dating or family relationship you can hire an attorney. The Attorney can send the perpetrator a Cease and Desist warning and a Criminal Trespass Warning. If the conduct continues a civil restraining order can be filed. If he violates the order the Judge could then hold him in contempt and place him in jail or fine him. I suggest you go to the police and the County or District Attorney first as this costs you no money.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

1

1

Answered . Contact the police. Then contact the district attorney's office. They can help you file the protective order.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Family Violence Lawyer
    512-495-1813
    Austin Protective Orders