What are the steps I need to take to get custody of my son when I am the father?

Asked over 1 year ago - Copiague, NY

I had a son 3 years ago and the mother and myself were just not working out. After leaving her she became addicted to drugs and alcohol met another man and left her son with her mother. I was going to college and living in a room. I didnt have the means to provide for my son so while the maternal grandmother supplied a roof over my sons head I gave her money to care for him. Last year I applied for custody and was still denied because I did not have enough space for my son. The court granted the maternal grandmother residential custody and me and the mother of my son joint custody. We were allowed to file again for residential custody if we had appropriate housing and a stable job to provide for our son.

1. Maria C. Tebano

3

Answered . Your question, contains the answer. If you have appropriate housing and a stable job, you should repetition for custody of your son.

2. Howard A. Schwartz

2

Answered . If you have room and are able to financially. Are for the child then you should renew your petition. Good luck n

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . This is a repeat post. See prior answers.