What are the steps for naturalization and upgrading i130?.

Asked over 1 year ago - Monmouth Junction, NJ

My husband has filed i130 for me in 2012 on green card basis but now in july he will be eligible for US citizenship.What are the steps for naturalization and how he should proceed to upgrade my i130 petition? when i should go to US embassy to give interview in my home country, India?

1. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Answered . You husband must file an N-400 for citizenship. Once he is a citizen he must inform USCIS. At that time a visa for you to come to the US will be immediately available.

2. Eric M. Mark

Pro

3

Answered . The steps for naturalization are to be sure you are eligible and apply. Instructions can be found online. However, the best way to get it done quickly and correctly is to hire a lawyer for assistance. Once he becomes a citizen, the petition for you can be immediately upgraded so you can schedule your interview. There are several steps involved to get this accomplished.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . He should call the National Visa Center and ask for guidance on how to file the Affidavit of Support and you the Immigrant visa Application.

4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . Your husband needs to apply for his N-400 here in the US. Once he has been naturalized, he can notify USCIS where and if his I-130 application is still pending of his US citizenship status and than, notify NVC of the same so that they can promptly forward the I-130 application to the US Embassy/Consulate in your native country (India) and have you consular process for your immigrant visa.