What are the statutes of limitation for breach of contract and libel and slander and property damage in pennsylvania? how long c

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

can i toll the sols due to a legal disability?this is a civil case. for example damage was caused to my law school file application by a certain company in 2005 and is still on my file now and is permanant until i sue. what do i do, do i need to ask for a sol tolling? or am i still witing my sol's because its ongoing?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . More information is needed. Either post more facts, or call a local lawyer. I'm sorry, but my firm only handles catastrophic injuries.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Christopher Edward Ezold


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

    That being said, the statute of limitations for defamation is one year. It is unlikely that any disability would toll the statute based on the facts you present, but more facts would be needed to provide a more accurate response. The statute's start date is not 'ongoing' unless the slander or libel is republished somehow. You would be better served finding a way to show the law school that the defamatory information is untrue.

    If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

    /Christopher E. Ezold/
    The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    One Belmont Avenue,
    Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585

    Answered 8 months ago. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed... more
  3. George Costas Andriotis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Need more information before I can give any advice. I.e. what was said or written? What were the damages caused? Were the negative statement of a factual nature or opinions? You should consult a local attorney to answer those and many more questions.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,086 answers this week

3,114 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,086 answers this week

3,114 attorneys answering