What are the statute of limitations for rape?

Atlanta, GA |

I just need some quick info before I decide anything.

Dependent on other factors that can extend the statute of limitations for rape the minimum is 15 years

Better than merely knowing the law, you should get an attorney, particularly if you are the defendant. If you are the victim, report the crime immediately and let the police and the prosecutors do their job.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Upwards of 15 years.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Child abuse topics

Recommended articles about Child abuse