What are the rules to 17 being the legal age of consent in NYS?

Ripley, NY |

I know that 17 is the legal age of sexual consent in NY. But what are all the details?

1. No details. 17 is the age of consent in NY.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. It is a statement of fact/law, like knowing that the drinking age in NY is 21.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.