What are the rules for preparing food at home as a home business in Georgia?

Alpharetta, GA |
Filed under: Business

I want to start my own small business selling vegetarian side dishes at a local farmer's market. I have done my homework in various areas, but what I have been unable to find are the rules/regulations on food preparation in a home business setting, if such a thing exists. Is such a thing even feasible? I don't have dreams of getting rich, but likewise, I don't want to be shut down/fined/sued out of house and home.

1. Any restrictions on conducting a business out of your home would be contained in local, county and covenant/owners' association rules and regulations. So, check your county and city regulations and zoning laws and your covenants, if any.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. The link to my contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

Business topics