What are the ramification for a conviction for speeding 31 miles an hours or over?

Chicago, IL |

Hello. I got a ticket for 31 miles per hour or over. I got a continuance but the judge said that the charge cannot be reduced by law. They also said it was criminal and I am afraid of a criminal conviction. I have a bachelors degree and a good job and am afraid this will show up on my record and my employer or future employer will be able to see it and not hire me. The cop was in court also. Can someone please tell me how bad this charge is and the ramifications of a conviction?

1. Hire a lawyer and try to negotiate it through your lawyer with the prosecutor.

You will get no where trying to do so on your own. And, if you try to defend yourself at trial alone that will go over like a lead balloon.

In Illinois, speeding 31-39 mph over the limit is now a Class B Misdemeanor, punishable by up to $1,500 in fines and 6 months in jail.

2. It's a crime. You can't get supervision. You need a lawyer.

3. It is a class B misdemeanor and you are not eligible for supervision, unless the speed is reduced. This charge is punishable anywhere from a conviction and fine up to 6 months in jail and/or a $1,500 fine.

Traffic tickets topics