What are the punishments/penalties for being bullied, cyber and in person, and slander/libel with proof, evidence and witnesses?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chelsea, VT

I have screenshots of the cyber bullying and of the false messages created and have witnesses who watched the bullying happen.

Pro

6

Answered . Here you go http://hrc.vermont.gov/Cyberbullying

2. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

1

Answered . Slander and libel are civil actions, not criminal subject to penalties. You may find it helpful to review the Legal Guide I have published on Avvo.com which deals with defamation issues.

As to the bullying and cyber bullying, I suggest that you contact your local police with the information you have. You do not State if any of this is occurring in a school. If it is, contact the principal. You may also wish to speak with someone at the Vermont Human Rights Commission in Montpelier, to see if they are able to assist you in any way.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.