WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR ME TO FOLLOW?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlantic City, NJ

MI IN THE US ON A 1 / 2 VISA MY EXPIRATION DATE ON MY I - 94 IS TODAY FEB 27 2013 , BUT DUE TO ILLNESS MI STILL GOING TRUE DR CARE STILL HAVE APPOINTMENT FOR THE 5 WHAT CAN I DO , AS DR RECOMMEND I SHOULD NOT TRAVEL UNTIL THEY TOTALLY DISCHARGE ME PLEASE ADVISE

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

5

Answered . Apply for an extension of your visa IMMEDIATELY explaining that it is for medical treatment. Include a letter or records from your doctor with the application.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

5

Answered . Well, if you are a couple of days late to leave the country, it won't legally hurt you. But if you plan to stay for a long time/you don't know how long, then you should apply to extend your status. Also, make sure you keep copies of medical records, and ask your doctor to write a letter explaining the need to stay in the country. Good luck!

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Make sure to attach evidence of the medical conditions with your request for an extension.

One or more answers have been taken down.