What are the probabilities to transfer my OPT to a B1 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I want to start my own closing line as a real proper established professional business. I graduate in NYC and I am ready to start. I wrote a business plan, transferred the funds to my NY bank account, a great concept and great people surrounding me. Now, lawyers recommended me not to go for the investor visa. Some lawyers told me that its a lot of work but it is doable with $100,000 but others said that it is very risky because the immigration office that takes care of those visas don't like to give B1 visas. I am confused.

1. Ian Edmund Scott

1

1

Answered . I have done E Visa start ups and your business plan is a key document. I have filed successful E-2 petitions with as little as 35K in investment. (for a service industry start up).

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your facts/questions are confusing.

Are you considering an E, or a B visa?

E is possible, if you qualify, but difficult for a start-up.

B is nearly impossible.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

1

1

Answered . Seek advise of a competent immigration attorney. B-1 is for business travelers, it may not work for you based on the facts you provided.