What are the policies on teachers withholding (not entering and putting a zero) as a grade for students who have missing assignm

Asked over 1 year ago - Gilbert, AZ

The teacher refuses to add the grade to the gradebook until all assignments are turned in, yet refuses to provide the missing assignments? What can I do?

The test wasn't lost, but she has the actual score, and yet refuses to enter it.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

1

Answered . This is a question of school policy, not law. The teacher must act consistently with school and district rules and policies. Other than those limitations, s/he is free to act on her own judgment. The law will almost never interfere with the grading functions of teachers and professors.

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

Answered . Are you saying you lost the assignments. it seems reasonable that the teacher would provide a new worksheet. Ask again, or consider asking the Principal for guidance.