What are the penalties of a Class 2 felony in Illinois of being charged with Aggravated Battery of a police officer.

Asked over 2 years ago - Bourbonnais, IL

As the police officer was attempting to arrest and handcuff me for shoplifting. I lightly pushed his hand away as he was attempting to handcuff me? What extra penalties can I expect with a Class 2 felony added to a Class A misdemeanor for Shoplifting?

1. Mitchell Scott Sexner

Pro

2

1

Answered . A class 2 felony carries a possible sentence of 3 to 7 years in prison. Any sentence depends upon your criminal history. If you have none, prison is not usually an outcome.

2. Joshua Sachs

Best Answer

Answered . My colleagues have all correctly noted the statutory prison term prescribed by Illinois law for a Class 2 felony. You should know that in unusual circumstances the court can sentence even more severely by imposing a conseutive sentence or an extended term sentence of 7 - 14 years. On the good side, the court also has available less severe sentences including probation, conditional discharge, periodic imprisonment and boot camp programs, some of which might be available. There may be various diversionary programs available, also. You should have an attorney, who can explore all of your options and defenses with you.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

1

Answered . Class 2 Felony has a sentecing range of btween 3 and 7 years in a state Penitentiary and/or
    fine of up to $25,000. Please review the Penal Code below:
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?...

4. Daniel G. Galivan

1

1

Answered . As the other attorneys have pointed out, the offense carries a possible sentence of anywhere from 3 to 7 years. It is a probationable offense, depending on your prior criminal history. You should retain counsel in the county where you are charged. www.galivanlaw.net