What are the Penalties of 18 Pa. C.S.§4904 relating to unsworn falsification to authorities

Asked over 5 years ago - Dingmans Ferry, PA

my wife filed a emergency temporary custody order stating that I would not return the children.at the time the papers were filed she already had the children.can I press charges for falsifying documents and what are the penalties.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Mark David Johns

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . You can file a private criminal complaint if the police will not arrest her.

  2. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can't press charges. You can report to the police. Only the prosecutor makes the charging decision and only he can drop the case. What your wife did is part of the give and take of a divorce unfortunately and your best course is to try to convince the judge she lied.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,382 answers this week

2,932 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,382 answers this week

2,932 attorneys answering