What are the penalties if my LLC is administratively dissolved because I never filed any annual reports?

Boston, MA |
Filed under: Starting an LLC

My business never got off the ground, never made any money, and I have never filed an annual report. I have zero intentions of ever trying to revive the LLC. Are there any legal penalties if the LLC is administratively dissolved by the State of Massachusetts? Can they come after me personally for the costs of the filing fees I never paid? Will this reflect poorly on my personal credit score or anything like that?

None that I know of

NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

There are no penalties

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Question 1: None other than administrative dissolution of the LLC;

Question 2: No.

Question 3: No.

Good luck!

I am licensed to practice law in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. This response is based on limited information, is general in nature, does not constitute legal advice, is intended for educational purposes only, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. In short, I am not your lawyer just because I responded to your post. You should not rely on any advise given on AVVO. Rather, if you have a specific legal question or problem, you should retain a lawyer licensed in your state to answer or address your legal question or problem. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Any U.S. tax advice contained in this post is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

Business topics