What are the penalties for bail jumping, driving while revoked 2nd offense and OWI 2nd offense in WI?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Beloit, WI

My boyfriend goes to court tomorrow facing charges of bail jumping, driving while revoked 2nd offense and OWI 2nd offense. What kind of penalties/sentencing is he potentially facing? This is in WI.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Steven House


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There's not enough information provided to answer this question. For example, bail jumping can be a felony or misdemeanor depending upon the charge a person was on bail for at the time of the bail violation. Your boyfriend should have been provided with a criminal complaint on all criminal charges and that document will detail the maximum penalties for each charged offense.

  2. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . The criminal complaint will have the potential penalties. Your boyfriend needs a lawyer, now. He also needs to stop driving until it is legal for him to do so or things will compound. He is facing over a year in jail for potential penalties, the actual penalty will likely be less than the maximum possible.

    If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
    Thank you.

    --- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin

    --- Facebook Page Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin Drunk Driving / OWI / DWI / DUI Lawyer

    --- Field sobriety "tests" – Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin DUI / DWI / OWI / Drunk Driving lawyer

    --- DUI/DWI/Drugged Driving with Prescription Drugs – Madison Wisconsin

    --- Ten Days to Save Your License - Administrative Suspension and Refusals in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in... more
  3. John-Paul Patrick Gilson

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . He should speak to a qualifed Criminal Defense Attorney in WI immediately.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,759 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,759 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering