What are the penalties for a 14 and 16 year old charged with armed robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery.

Greenville, SC |

16 year old is being tried as an adult. what is the youthful offender act and will it apply to the 16 year old and in what way

Both need attorneys.

Here is an ABA guide to charging juveniles as adults by the ABA:

The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The accused needs an experienced criminal litigator to help exonerate them- or minimize any possible punishment.

Do not assume they are guilty.

Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. A good place to start is by going to the website for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Clicking on this link will take you to the part of their site that links you to a map of the US where you can click on your jurisdiction to find an affiliate local organization. There is also a link to find members of NACDL near you. Meet several that offer free consultation. Hire one that you feel comfortable with and you can afford. There is no confidentiality online.

NACDL Local affiliates:

NACDL local members:
( | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

The children each need a criminal defense attorney. Their respective attorneys ought to be able to explain the consequences of the criminal acts charged.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law