What are the penalties for a 14 and 16 year old charged with armed robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Greenville, SC

16 year old is being tried as an adult. what is the youthful offender act and will it apply to the 16 year old and in what way

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The children each need a criminal defense attorney. Their respective attorneys ought to be able to explain the consequences of the criminal acts charged.

    Good luck.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more
  2. James Regan


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Both need attorneys.

    Here is an ABA guide to charging juveniles as adults by the ABA: http://beforeyouplea.com/sc

    The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

    The accused needs an experienced criminal litigator to help exonerate them- or minimize any possible punishment.

    Do not assume they are guilty.

    Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. A good place to start is by going to the website for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Clicking on this link will take you to the part of their site that links you to a map of the US where you can click on your jurisdiction to find an affiliate local organization. There is also a link to find members of NACDL near you. Meet several that offer free consultation. Hire one that you feel comfortable with and you can afford. There is no confidentiality online.

    NACDL Local affiliates:

    NACDL local members: https://www.nacdl.org/impak/cms/members_online/...

    http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,557 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,557 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering