What are the parameters of the Three Strikes Law in NJ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Ridgewood, NJ

MY problem was convicted of a CDS "high misdemeanor" and got pretrial Intervention with probation for being in Posession of a stolen vehicle before 1995. Now I have been ordered to neighborhood mediation for Noise Violation on his part for one continuous year. What is my leverage if he makes a mockery of the mediation again. We went in the circa 2004. I can guess that it is only to go back again before the judge.

1. Mark M Cheser

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . NJ does not have high misdemeanors or any misdemeanors for that matter. NJ has disorderly persons offense and crimes. There is a three strike provision 2C:43-7.1 but it applies only to violent offenses. The charges you list seem to be DPs or even town ordinances. 3 strikes does not apply.

2. Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

4

Answered . There is no way to answer your question other than there is no three strikes law in New Jersey as was previously stated. There are disorderly person offenses, petty disorderly person offenses, and crimes of the first, second, third and fourth degree in New Jersey.

Are you concerned how going to neighborhood mediation would impact PTI? Have you been to mediation before on a noise violation previously? The question is not clear on what you want answered.

3. Stuart M Nachbar

Pro

3

Answered . There is no such thing in New Jersey as a high misdemeanor or a three stikes law. Misdemeanors are disorderly or petty disorderly. As for the mediation, I am not really sure what you are trying to ask.

4. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . There is no three strikes in NJ. There are no misdemeanors, high or low. Mediation is done in the municipal court. Your question is entirely unclear.