What are the options to move your kid to a better school district?

Asked 12 months ago - San Jose, CA

The school district my kids are in is one of the worst one. They are rated 2-3(out of 10) at greatschools.net. I like to send my kids to a better school district with school rating of at least 8/10 but moving to a different physical address is not an option.What will be other options for me? I tried calling schools w/c accept waiting lists but it seems like it takes forever to do so. They always telll me they are already full no matter how early I call them prior next school year.Will an application for zoning change to be included in a better school district help? Any other alternatives? Please advise me since I'm in need of help to send my kids to a better public school. Thanks in advance.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. George Ellis Corson IV

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can move or you can get on a waiting list, but you are not special. If it is important, you will move into a better District.

    I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,866 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,866 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering