Skip to main content

What are the odds of avoiding or reducing probation for a plead to OWVI in Muskegon county?

Muskegon, MI |

Clean record. First offense and Blew a .13. Have hired a very competent attorney and he was offered a plea of OWVI. Being prosecuted by city attorney for Whitehall with Weirengo presiding. I will go to sentencing with assessment and first offenders class completed. Great job and stable work history. Cooperated fully with arresting officer. I want to know if I will surely face a full 12 months probation. Is there anyway to reduce or avoid probation in Muskegon. Is it possible to have it reduced if sentenced to a year if all terms are followed fully?

Any tips on receiving the best outcome at sentencing. Are eTg tests the norm in Muskegon?

Attorney Answers 3


Because you have retained counsel, my only tip is to follow the advice of your attorney. These questions can be asked of him.

That said, most attorneys do not talk in "odds" terms, as those terms tend to confuse reality. And the reality is that your attorney is charged with putting you in the best position moving forward, but that no guarantees as to an outcome can be made until the Judge orders that outcome.

Best of Luck.

An Attorney-Client relationship has not been established. Becket J. Jones is not your attorney. In order to protect your interests, you should engage with and retain a competent criminal defense attorney who practices often in the court you are scheduled to be in front of if you have been (or believe you will be) charged with a crime in the State of Michigan.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You should be asking your retained counsel for his input on these issues. I could tell you things, but I don't know you or your situation. He does. Take advantage of the expertise you already have! Sincerely, Frank B. Ford

The information contained in this answer is intended to convey general information. Nothing contained in this answer is intended as specific legal advice. Although the content is believed to be accurate as to Michigan law, no guarantee is made that it is accurate and up-to-date. This is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


It is certainly possible to be sentenced to probation for less than a year, however probably not likely. Many judges in Michigan will impose a jail sentence upon first offenders, even for impaired driving. If your attorney got you a reduced charge and no jail then I'd say he did a good job for you. Anything beyond that is just gravy. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics