What are the next steps in the process, after a building owner is served a premise liability lawsuit?

The building I worked had water damage to the roof, which created mold on the ceiling tile, which effected my respitory system. After several months of going to the doctor, health department investigations, gathering picture evidence of the building; the building owner was served with a premise liability lawsuit.

Birmingham, AL -

Randy William Ferguson

Randy William Ferguson

Personal Injury Lawyer - Huntsville, AL

If you have a lawyer, he or she should explain the process. If not, you should talk to an attorney before you go forward.

Drew Barnett

Drew Barnett

Personal Injury Lawyer - Birmingham, AL

Based on your information, it sounds like you are represented by counsel. If so, feel free ask your attorney for a "status update." Your attorney should be happy to provide you with a general explanation of what to expect going forward.

Bret A. Schnitzer

Bret A. Schnitzer

Personal Injury Lawyer - Lincoln Park, MI

Do you have a lawyer? I don't think a person who is not a lawyer could handle that kind of case without a lawyer.