What are the next steps in the process, after a building owner is served a premise liability lawsuit?

Birmingham, AL |

The building I worked had water damage to the roof, which created mold on the ceiling tile, which effected my respitory system. After several months of going to the doctor, health department investigations, gathering picture evidence of the building; the building owner was served with a premise liability lawsuit.

1. Do you have a lawyer? I don't think a person who is not a lawyer could handle that kind of case without a lawyer.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think. www.schnitzerlaw.net

2. If you have a lawyer, he or she should explain the process. If not, you should talk to an attorney before you go forward.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

3. Based on your information, it sounds like you are represented by counsel. If so, feel free ask your attorney for a "status update." Your attorney should be happy to provide you with a general explanation of what to expect going forward.