What are the mandatory disclosures for the sales of residential real estate in California?

Chino Hills, CA |

I know there is a lead paint disclosure; are there any others?

Thank you

Here is a link to a booklet provided by the CA Department of Real Estate:

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

The DRE publishes a guide that describes the disclosures.
If you are selling your house, you should really use a broker or agent, or an organization that helps people sell their houses on their own. The small fee involved is probably worth it.

As my colleagues note, there are a plethora of disclosures required, as set forth under the DRE guidelines. Basically, any "material" fact regarding the property must be disclosed. I'm just wondering why you are asking. Are you the buyer or the seller or the agent?

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

Hi; I will be on both sides--I'm an investor. This is a private sale so no agents are involved.

Recommended articles about Real estate