What are the legal ramifications for using someone else's credit card?

Lawrence, KS |
Filed under: Credit card fraud

* Found credit card on ground at bar
* Spent approximately $175 on it
* Intoxicated at time I spent the money
* Signed for credit card under persons name
* They reported it and a police report has been filed against me

Hire an atty.

Criminal use of a financial card in an amount under $1,000.00 over a seven day period is a class A misdemeanor. It is punishable by a fine of up to $2,500.00 and a year in jail. Intoxication will not be a defense.

Do not speak with anyone about the allegations expect your attorney. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.

Credit card fraud topics