What are the legal actions against judge if judge was found guilty?????

Asked over 1 year ago - Indio, CA

what are the legal actions we can take against the judge if in case the judge is not listening to us properly and he's biased to the other party. i am in great danger what to do and what not to do so please guide me....

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

7

Answered . There are no legal actions you can take against the judge in these circumstances. You can appeal if you lose the case -- that's it. The judge is immune from any legal action based on the performance of judicial functions.

2. Michael Charles Doland

6

Answered . As Ms. McCall says, you cannot sue the judge, but you can appeal the judgment.

3. Neil Pedersen

5

Answered . What you call bias may well be the judge not willing to see the law and facts the way you do. That is not something you can sue a judge for. If it was, judges would be sued all the time, because in every lawsuit one side will dislike the result and the judge's decisions related to that result.

If there is real, legally-recognizable bias, you can make a motion to recuse the judge under Code of Civil Procedure section 170. I would caution you. If you make a motion to recuse and it is not a slam dunk winner, you will simply have poked the hornet's nest.

If you have good facts and good law behind you, be patient, present the best case you can, and look to win on appeal.

Good luck to you.