Skip to main content

What are the legal actions against judge if judge was found guilty?????

Indio, CA |

what are the legal actions we can take against the judge if in case the judge is not listening to us properly and he's biased to the other party. i am in great danger what to do and what not to do so please guide me....

Attorney Answers 3


There are no legal actions you can take against the judge in these circumstances. You can appeal if you lose the case -- that's it. The judge is immune from any legal action based on the performance of judicial functions.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


As Ms. McCall says, you cannot sue the judge, but you can appeal the judgment.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


What you call bias may well be the judge not willing to see the law and facts the way you do. That is not something you can sue a judge for. If it was, judges would be sued all the time, because in every lawsuit one side will dislike the result and the judge's decisions related to that result.

If there is real, legally-recognizable bias, you can make a motion to recuse the judge under Code of Civil Procedure section 170. I would caution you. If you make a motion to recuse and it is not a slam dunk winner, you will simply have poked the hornet's nest.

If you have good facts and good law behind you, be patient, present the best case you can, and look to win on appeal.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics