What are the laws in Pennsylvania or the United States regarding equal treatment of students in public schools by teachers?

Bethlehem, PA |
Filed under: Education law

A teacher is treating students in my school unequally and I would like to know what laws this is regulated by and in great deal. If possible, can you include a way for me to locate it on my own.

IN what way is the teacher treating the students unequally? On what basis? There are a myriad of potentially applicable laws but one would be scattershot in answering without much more detail.

Both the 14th Amendment and the 1964 Civil Rights act protect agianst race, religion and nationality discrimination, likewise gender (though it is not subject to the same level of scrutiny) Title IX also provides protection in terms of gender equality. The ADA and the 1973 Rehabilityation Act provide protections for the disabled as does the Individuals with Disabilited in Education Act (IDEA).

Good luck

This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be protected by attorney-client privilege or work product doctorine. However, the mere receipt of this answer, alone, is not sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this answerer is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this answer. Should the reader have any questions please feel free to contact Attorney Kotler at or 330-777-0065 Thank you and please indicate if you found this answer and / or the link(s) helpful.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law