What are the laws in Pennsylvania or the United States regarding equal treatment of students in public schools by teachers?

Asked over 2 years ago - Bethlehem, PA

A teacher is treating students in my school unequally and I would like to know what laws this is regulated by and in great deal. If possible, can you include a way for me to locate it on my own.

1. Todd Bruce Kotler

1

Answered . IN what way is the teacher treating the students unequally? On what basis? There are a myriad of potentially applicable laws but one would be scattershot in answering without much more detail.

Both the 14th Amendment and the 1964 Civil Rights act protect agianst race, religion and nationality discrimination, likewise gender (though it is not subject to the same level of scrutiny) Title IX also provides protection in terms of gender equality. The ADA and the 1973 Rehabilityation Act provide protections for the disabled as does the Individuals with Disabilited in Education Act (IDEA).

Good luck