What are the laws for Failure to Act in Arkansasfor hospitals and MEMS?

Little Rock, AR |

I was in MVA in March of 2010, I was denied medical care by police. Am I passed the statute of limitations.

A medical malpractice claim in Arkansas has a statute of limitations of 2 years. The suit must be on file within that period or the claim is barred. Other personal injury cases in Arkansas usually carry a statute of limitations of 3 years. With the facts you describe, it sounds less like medical negligence if it was not a medical provider denying the care. Instead it was police. A claim against the police would fall under a federal statute. It would be called a Section 1983 claim. As a medical negligence lawyer, I can't tell you for sure but I think you might fall under the 3 year statute and not the more restrictive 2 year deadline.

Find a local litte rock lawyer with experience in civil rights cases (section 1983 cases). Speak to this attorney about this case. Don't delay!

Actions against the police are section 1983 actions, which you can read about on my website.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

From your description, this is not a medical malpractice case. Rather it is a potential civil rights case because the police denied you medical care. Civil rights cases have the same statute of limitations as they would for the equivalent state law case. Speak with a local civil rights lawyer ASAP.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes