Skip to main content

What are the IRS rules for immigration bond accrued interests?

Los Angeles, CA |

Do I have to pay tax if the accrued interest for the immigration bond is less than $600? The accrued interest was less than $600 and how do I report this interest income to IRS?
ICE has not sent form 1099 for this accrued interest. Should I call ICE and ask for form 1099 so that I can file my taxes

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Report it as interest income. 1099 is not mandatory to report interest "income".

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

  2. I agree with my colleague.

  3. Mr. Smith's answer should be voted as best. Nothing is left for me but to agree.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics