What are the implications and requirements for obtaining a EB5 Visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Is there a minimum amount for investing?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Matthew L. Kolken


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . EB-5 eligibility is available to investors that have invested, or are in the process of investing capital into a new commercial enterprise that they have established. They must demonstrate that this investment will benefit the United States economy and create the requisite number of full-time jobs for qualified persons within the United States.

    See the link below for the specific requirements.

  2. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The minimum is $500,000 and the investment must create 10 jobs for US citizens or LPRs. Of course there are many more requirement, I would urge you to speak with and retain an immigration attorney. If $500k is beyond your budget, an E visa may be another option. My firm handles EB5 and E visa cases, click the link below for more on EB-5 requirements.
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an... more
  3. Carlos E Sandoval

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Some cases the investment is $500,000, in other cases the investment is $1,000,000. Since as you can see the investment is so high you should consult with an immigration lawyer to see which one applies to your investment, and also to review your situation and explain all the other requirements.

  4. Theodore Su-Tsoh Huang

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The minimum amount is $500,000 if it's invested in a project located within a targeted employment area. Investments can be made either directly into a project or through a regional center. As mentioned by my colleague, there are job creation requirements that also need to be met. Talk to an attorney who specializes in EB-5 based green cards. Best wishes.

    (626) 771-1078 Los Angeles Attorney Theodore Huang, Esq. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,062 answers this week

2,920 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,062 answers this week

2,920 attorneys answering