What are the guidelines for a child support and visitation modification?

Riverside, CA |

The child support order was issued in 2008, however our divorce was not final until August of last year. I have full physical and legal custody of our child and we live out of state. The respondent has not followed through on any of the visitations we agreed upon. Basically, he has not seen our child in almost four years. Should I modify the existing child support order and re-negotiate or eliminate visitation all together since our child is with me 100% of the time? Also, I am quite certain, the respondent has received pay raises since 2008, and he has also remarried.

yeah there are significant changes which he will be required to submit financials. File for a modification of both.

This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

It is always a good idea to give priority consideration to the information provided by your state's attorneys as they are most often the best source of up-to-date information on local law.