What are the guidelines for a child support and visitation modification?

Asked over 3 years ago - Riverside, CA

The child support order was issued in 2008, however our divorce was not final until August of last year. I have full physical and legal custody of our child and we live out of state. The respondent has not followed through on any of the visitations we agreed upon. Basically, he has not seen our child in almost four years. Should I modify the existing child support order and re-negotiate or eliminate visitation all together since our child is with me 100% of the time? Also, I am quite certain, the respondent has received pay raises since 2008, and he has also remarried.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . yeah there are significant changes which he will be required to submit financials. File for a modification of both.

    This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,451 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,451 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering