What are the general state / federal drug quantity cutoffs?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Assuming no firearm was used and there are no other circumstances, what are the general drug quantity cutoffs between between state and federal court (ex: xx g + of cocaine, xx g+ of methamphetamine, etc...)

I understand there is no solid rule as it is discretional but what is it generally in practice?

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

6

Answered . There are no cut offs . It is up to prosecutors for Federal and State to decide.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  2. Mark A. Broughton

Pro

4

Answered . This question is absolutely impossible to answer. You will need to be more specific. Each case and set of acts stand on their own and the comparison between drugs and state/federal is way too over broad to give an answer (even if I could understand it).

3. Stephen F Wallace

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Attached below is a link to a great presentation of how the USSG are applied to drug quantities. Both the state and Federal authorities have the ability to prosecute despite the weight.