What are the fines for littering on road

Kansas City, MO |

i was a passenger and I threw a coffee a cup out of my window while driving in merriam, ks and got a ticket from a traffic cop, so what are my options. Can I amend it to a smaller violation

1. Misdemeanor. First conviction: fine of not less than $250 nor more than $1,000. Second conviction: fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $2,000. Third conviction: fine of not less than $2,000 nor more than $4000. In all cases, requirement to pick up litter for length of time at court's discretion.
    Kansas § 21-3722.

Hope it was good coffee.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

2. Misdemeanor. First conviction: fine of not less than $250 nor more than $1,000. Second conviction: fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $2,000. Third conviction: fine of not less than $2,000 nor more than $4000. In all cases, requirement to pick up litter for length of time at court's discretion.
    Kansas § 21-3722.

Hope it was good coffee.

3. I believe the last answer is incorrect in that he is quoting Kansas law. I assume you got stopped in Kansas City, Missouri?
    I don't know the fine amounts off the top of my head, but most jurisdictions post their fines schedules online. Yes, you should be able to get this amended to "illegal parking" or something similar. However, the prosecutor will usually only agree to do that if you have an attorney.