What are the fines and penalities for speeding in a school zone in Country Club Hills IL and No sealt belt ticket fine?

Asked about 1 year ago - Country Club Hills, IL

I was going 43miles in a 20 mile school zone...The officer also gave me a ticket for no seat belt..I plead not guilty to the seat belt. I had my seat belt on.I have no convictions on my license.. This my first speeding ticket...I have to go to the sixth district court in Markham,IL.Should I be worried?

1. Brandon Kenneth Davis

Pro

6

Answered . A first offense for speeding in a school zone carries a minimum $150 fine (plus $50 toward the school district) AND mandatory court costs. You cannot receive supervision for this offense, only a conviction if you plead guilty or you are found guilty after trial. Your best bet is to speak with an attorney, many of us offer free consultations. It may be possible to work out an amendment to the charge to avoid the minimum mandatory penalties and keep the offense off of your record. In a situation like this, FOR EXAMPLE, it may be possible for an attorney to work out an agreement to amend the speeding in a school zone ticket to a standard petty speeding offense (with supervision rather than a conviction) and have the seat belt ticket dismissed. More information is available at the links below.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

3

Answered . Hire a lawyer to go with you to Markham. Your ticket will probably cost you around $200 plus court costs. A lawyer might be able to help reduce the damage to your wallet and your driving record.

3. Ibraheim Nidal Shalabi

1

Answered . Feel free to contact my office monday morning to get a free consultation. We can discuss options at that time. It's possible to get a plea agreement with the state since it's your first offense.

Office number: 708-400-8000.

4. Frank Mascagni III

2

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in your area to represent you. 23 mph over the limit in a school zone is more serious than a speeding ticket on the highway. It carries a fine and court costs, and a conviction could impact your auto insurance rates. Get a lawyer to direct you.